Explore Guatemala’s traditional main highlights in the colonial
city of Antigua, beautiful Lake Atitlan and the colorful market of Chichicastenango.
Visit the Tikal National Park in the northern region of El Peten.
- Arrival in Guatemala.
- Transfer to Antigua Guatemala.
- Enjoy Antigua’s colonial atmosphere.
- Visit Antigua’s surrounding villages.
- Early transfer to Atitlan.
- Take a fast boat across the lake to the Tzutuhil-Maya village of Santiago.
- Visit an alternative community in San Marcos La Laguna.
- Early departure to Chichicastenango.
- Brief stop at the Butterfly Sanctuary.
- Enjoy a colorful market day.
- Visit the Santo Tomas Church.
- Transfer to Guatemala City.
- Brief stopover at Iximche archaeological site.
- Early transfer to the airport for flight to Tikal National Park.
- Guided archeological tour.
- An early morning start is optional for birdwatching.
- Explore more of Tikal and see its museum.
- Fly back to Guatemala city or stay and continue with any of our extensions.
- All domestic flights, ground, horse, river, lake and sea transfers,
lodging* in Guatemala City, Antigua, Panajachel and Tikal. Park entrance
fees when accompanied by a guide. All meals in far-off jungle areas
(boxed or hot). Permanent access to soft drinks, purified water, snacks
and first aid kit.
- *Changes of hotels or other services are possible without prior notice
in order to insure the best quality of service.
What’s not included?
Personal expenses, personal and travel insurance, meals in places where
there is a choice of restaurants (such as in cities, unless otherwise
specified) tips to porters, drivers, guides and waiters. International
airfare. This trip promises to be everything you expect and more.
What to bring...
Casual and informal dress is appropriate. Bring light clothes for hot
tropical climate, boots and canvas pants or jeans, long-sleeved shirts
and trousers for the jungle, a swimming suit, mosquito repellent and a
wind breaker. Warmer clothes for a bit of a chill in the Guatemalan highlands
are definitely necessary. Bring your flash light, binoculars, a bird book
and photographic equipment.